Re: Got links, Roy? (was Re: Weekly Statistics for comp.os.linux.advocacy)

* Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> So in other words, you'll say anything, whether true or not, to get your
>>> way.
>>>
>>> Wow, nice admission there Roy.

Way to set up your own premise and conclusion, Erik.

>>> But then many of us already knew that about you.
>>
>> Pot kettle black!
>
> Oh, please.  You're comparing behavior that you attribe to me, to behavior
> Roy has just confessed to.  You don't see the difference?

Nope.  You did dig up and post some rather noxious information about
someone, did not you?

> And why is it that when I point out things that IBM does that Microsoft is
> criticized for, you whine about me using a "But they do it too" defense?
> Yet here you are in the exact sort of argument using PKB response, which is
> essentially a "But you do it too" defense.
>
> Why is it so hard for you to see how often and frequently Roy lies in an
> attempt to get his way?  Why do you defend him when he's obviously lying?

Um, because he really /isn't/ lying?

> And, more importantly, why are you defending him he ADMITS to lying?

Because he didn't admit to lying?  He admitted he didn't mean to follow
through on his threat.  A silly thing, but not exactly a lie.

Pot Kettle Black, man.  You're the last guy who needs to be worrying
about Roy's veracity.

--
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.
    -- Niccolo Machiavelli