[News] Good New Reviews of Wolvix GNU/Linux and Eee PC

  • Subject: [News] Good New Reviews of Wolvix GNU/Linux and Eee PC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 07:53:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Eight Distros a Week: Wolvix GNU/Linux 1.1 Hunter

,----[ Quote ]
| Being the happy distro wanderer that I am, I had a chance to put Wolvix 1.1.0
| GNU/Linux, the Hunter version, on a Dell Inspiron 5000 laptop, and it easily
| enters into the group of distros that I think highly of, in general, and
| distros that I plan to use day to day, in particular.
`----

http://larrythefreesoftwareguy.wordpress.com/2008/02/15/eight-distros-a-week-wolvix-gnulinux-11-hunter/
http://tinyurl.com/35n96d

Linux for Everyone - Introducing the Asus Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| For all its differences, using the Eee feels remarkable like using any other
| Windows computer. After all, how much time do you actually spend using the
| OS? Probably very little as most of your computer time will be spent actually
| within applications.
`----

http://www.internetmarketingfool.com/2008/02/16/linux-for-everyone-introducing-the-asus-eee-pc/

Recent:

Distro Review: Wolvix 1.1.0 Hunter

,----[ Quote ]
| After a long delay due to illness I'm finally back with another review for
| you. I'm still not feeling too good but I've decided to plough on and I hope
| to have some more new reviews for you ASAP. This is the 3rd part or my trip
| through Slackware-based distros and today's candidate is Wolvix 1.1.0 Hunter,
| I was intrigued to see how it would compare to Zenwalk and Vector which I
| tested recently. So here's how I got on...
`----

http://adventuresinopensource.blogspot.com/2008/02/distro-review-wolvix-110-hunter.html

Asus Eee PC Can Run CloudBook gOS

,----[ Quote ]
| As it turns out, it's perfectly possible to grab the gOS from the CloudBook
| and load it up on the Asus Eee PC, which so happens to be the CloudBook's
| direct competitor.
`----

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/333/C14495/

Related:

Wolvix 1.1.0, revisited

,----[ Quote ]
| Even for people who started like me, with Slackware, in 1995, Wolvix will not
| be the main distro on my new laptop, but rather on the old laptop, or maybe
| one of the two distros on the desktop PC.
`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2007/10/09/07/35/56-wolvix-1-1-0-revisited

Wolvix 1.1.0 - A Very Flexible Animal

,----[ Quote ]
| For an English speaking desktop or laptop user with even a small amount of
| previous Linux experience Wolvix is one of the best distributions I’ve seen.
| It’s fast, it’s nearly bug free, it’s well thought out, and is generally
| excellent.
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/linux/blog/2007/08/wolvix_110_a_very_flexible_ani.html

Dancing with Wolves, a Wolvix Hunter 1.1.0 Review

| If I were to say I was impressed with Wolvix Hunter 1.1.0, it would be an
| understatement.
`----

http://on-disk.com/cms/index.php?wiki=Wolvix110

Stable Release: Wolvix 1.1.0

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm pleased to announce the final release of Wolvix Cub  and Wolvix Hunter
| version 1.1.0. I've not been able to get in contact with our sponsor to
| spread the ISOs around the mirrors yet, so I've prepared some alternative
| download locations to take the load off the main server.
`----

http://wolvix.org/node/668

Wolvix 1.1.0 Mini-Review & Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]