Re: Roy barred from OOXML review meeting

7 wrote:

> Micoshaft Fradster and asstroturfer Hadron wrote:
>

>> ,----
>> |
>> | Debate on OOXML standard continues behind closed doors
>> |
>> | With 6,000 pages of text subject to 1,100 modifications, all to be
>> | approved by 120 delegates from 37 countries in just five days, the task
>> | facing the standards committee discussing Microsoft's Office Open XML
>> | (OOXML) document format in Geneva this week is mammoth.
>> |
>> | http://www.linuxworld.com

news/2008/022708-debate-on-ooxml-standard-continues.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

> I wonder if micosahft can be criminally prosecuted for
> subverting a standards organisation and fined in the EU for such
> a breach of the peace and rules of conduct.
> If anything these sleeping regulators drunk on tax payers money
> shoud be out there in force and threating to fine every illegal
> activity that has been noted now that they have been widely
> tipped off on numerous occasions about rampant corrupt
> practices by micoshat at these standards meetings.
> As far as I know, you can be thrown out a building
> for a minor violation such as smoking. But these
> guys are smokin money and no one wants to do anything?
> Are the EU politicians becoming just as corrupt and need
> to be replaced?

the EU isn't shy about slapping msft when it needs it. I wouldn't doubt that
someone important is watching this crap unfold... Who knows, maybe this
time they'll actually splinter msft into it's base parts and get it under
control.

--

Jerry McBride (jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx)