Re: Why Vista is the Beginning of the End of Windows (Was: Vista is in trouble)

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 10 January 2008 07:42 : \____

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/131507/currys-group-blames-vista-for-poor-sales.html

http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/newsalerts/article/748756/dsg-continues-retailer-woes/

> The problem I have with this is that it was totally predictable.  If DSG
> are stupid enough to *believe* the marketing claims of a supplier,
> then it's very much their own problem.  Understanding the marketplace in
> which they operate is fundamental to the existence of retailers, and yet,
> they appear to have forgotten how to perform even a basic assessment of
> that market;  perhaps so many years of being dependent on Microsoft has
> left them unable to do their own analyses?

I suppose Microsoft never needed to do the marketing and promises. It hired IDC
and /PAID/ it to produce fake s* about Europe. The Inquirer slammed this shill
study for totally ignoring Linux.

> I wonder if we'll see a lot of business failures as those which are
> dependent on MS Windows sales collapse in a heap.

In a different context, a friend of mine from school mentioned a quote. It came
from someone who was a scientist that argued trends change when people pass
away. The same goes for such companies, aka dinosaurs. You never realise how
badly you do until it's too late. Good luck to Dell.

> Now, if DSG were smart, they'd be lining their shelves with next
> generation devices like TomTom, Eee PC, Nokia N810, N800, Chumby, Bubba
> Excito, linksys WRTG54GS/L, Gamepark GP2X, etc. etc.

Gates says that what people want are 5lb tablets running Windows Vista which
cost $2000. He has a 'vision' and it's called Vista.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"