Re: [News] [Rival] Barclays Bank Licks the Microsoft Boot

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 04 January 2008 09:23 : \____

>> Barclays says no to Firefox
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| A READER ATTEMPTING to log into a Barclays web site here found himself with
>>| a little bit of a problem.
>>|
>>| He?s running some operating system called Linux and using Fireferret but
>>| gets an annoying message from Barclays and Mind Leaders (motto: e-learning
>>| that works) telling him to go away and use Internet Exploder.
>>|
>>| We tried it using Windows XP and Fireferret and got the same result too, as
>>| you can see below.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/01/03/barclays-firefox
>>
>> IE7 permits the system to be hijacked and it is also spyware by design
>> (Microsoft informed of all Web pages that users visit). Nice, isn't it?
>>

> You'd think that Banks, of all people, would steer clear of Windows and
> use something secure, like Linux.

...Or at least be aware of the fact that more than one (broken) Web browser
exists. Oh, actually there are many other browsers 'whose' success had nothing
to do with disgraceful crime (/and/ conviction involving $billion in fines).

I find it ironic that banks -- of all institutes that are out there -- liaise
with the criminal (of all companies that are out there). Let's not get started
with the BBC, the British Library and National Archives again...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
Tasks: 137 total,   1 running, 136 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie