Re: FYI: Microsoft's Windows Home Server corrupts files......

* Antonio Murphie fired off this tart reply:

>> Sure you have.  Sure you have.
>
> I do it quite often. I work at the IT center of a Fortune 500 company.
> (We're almost a Fortune 100 company.) So say we need to administer a remote
> Windows machine in California. All of the desktops (running Windows) are
> behind a Unix machine. You login to the Unix box using a line similar to
> yours:
>
> "ssh -l username -L3390:mydesktop.mycompany.net:3389
> sshserver.mycompany.net"
>
> Then forward local port 3390 to port 3389 on the remote side. Then locally
> I startup remote desktop and connect to localhost:3390 and the port gets
> forwarded to the remote machine. Not exactly rocket surgery.
>
>> I agree.  Slapping you down isn't much.
>
> So that's what that was. I thought some punk was tickling me.

<chuckles>

We may jab at each other, but at least we have some fun while doing it,
paisan <grin>.

By the way, what's a murphy?  Here ya go:

   http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=murphy

   similar to a cammel toe, but when the pants creep up the ass

(Not my misspelling of "cammel".)

   Being in a state of confusion about where your cats are at any given
   time.

   The act of killing or being killed in the same method as Alex Murphy
   in Robocop.

   tired, depressed, and grumpy; of or related to the feeling of being
   lazy, unmotivated, bummed, and possibly dirty and smelly all at the
   same time

   chode, in possession of a chode, acting in a chode-like manner

(Not my misspelling of "choad".)

   a street hustle game, where you bait a sucker with a woman or man
   dressed as a woman to pay money for a trick, and then rob that nigga
   blind

--
GNU/Linux rox, Tux!