Re: [News] Linux Fury at MSBBC Claimed to be Justified

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 17 January 2008 10:59 : \____

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2007/12/20/dlbbc120.xml

>>> Ahh, sneaky, he got a prole to lie for him.  Nasty b*gger.  Considering
>>> that he's the DG of the BBC, and has been brought to talk about the
>>> Silverlight/iPlayer, it's truly incredible that he doesn't have the
>>> figures to hand, wouldn't you say?  The guy should be looking for
>>> another role.
>>
>> I hear there are many vacancies for high roles at Microsoft. The top staff
>> has been quitting the company since the year began and I can't help
>> wondering if this has something to do with the seemingly-infinite OOXML
>> corruptions, the recent briberies, the stock buybacks, and the VP's illegal
>> inside-trading activity, not to mention closure of two branches worldwide
>> for alleged fraud and antitrust litigations in the EU.
>>
>> Oh, I went off topic there. Anyway, my point was that the DG might find
>> those vacancies at Microsoft interesting.
>>

> I suspect that there are a few folk at the BBC, National Archives,
> British Library and so on who would relish such a role.

'"Unless there is a serious updating of copyright law to recognize the changing
technological environment, the law becomes an ass," Lynne Brindley, chief
executive of the British Library, told ZDNet UK.'

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6119043.html

'The British Library has created an updated version of its application
called "Turning the Pages" which allows people to browse parts of its 150
million piece collection via a web browser. We heard how this works better
using Vista.'

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/30/vinci_notebooks_vista/

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    while (sig==sig) sig=!sig;
Tasks: 165 total,   1 running, 162 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie