Re: Linux Fury at MSBBC Claimed to be Justified

On Jan 16, 12:23 am, Mark Kent <mark.k...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>

> > ____/ Tom Shelton on Tuesday 15 January 2008 23:52 : \____

> >> Especially since his full of total crap...  Silverlight is supported on
> >> Windows and Mac OS X (PPC and Intel)  and by IE6,IE7, FireFox 1.5 and 2.0,
> >> and Safari.  And MS is working with Novel to produce Moonlight - the Linux
> >> version of Silverlight.
>
> > We're talking about ActiveX (I was anyway).
>
> The point remains that Microsoft have never had any intention of making
> Silverlight/iPlayer functional on anything other than Windows.  After
> spending £100 million of licence-fee payer's cash, even the BBC DG was
> lying to MPs about this, although later claimed an "error".
>
> Kier is here to troll, as is Shelton.  They're best ignored, Roy.
>
> --
> | Mark Kent   --   mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk          |
> | Cola faq:  http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/  |
> | Cola trolls:  http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/                       |
> | My (new) blog:  http://www.thereisnomagic.org                       |

I would like to post a partial apology...  Reading more about the
situation, you are correct in that iPlayer is windows only (well,
actually that's only partially true - the mac version has been
released, but it doesn't support downloads yet).  I thought you were
talking about silverlight - which does in fact work on other platforms
and browsers.  So, the problem is with the iPlayer not with
silverlight.  But, the Linux version and Mac (downloadable content)
version are expected to be operational sometime this year.

So, there you have it.

--
Tom Shelton