Re: [News] Linux Fury at MSBBC Claimed to be Justified

Johan Lindquist wrote:

> So anyway, it was like, 10:36 CET Jan 17 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
> Roy Schestowitz was all like, "Dude,
>
>> This is a pro-Linux newsgroup.
>
> Where does it actually, explicitly, say that it is?

In its charta. "The benefits of linux compared to other operating systems"

"Benefits" is the word

>> If someone is here to defend Windows most of the time, become
>> suspicious.
>
> And who, pray tell, should one discuss the benefits of linux as
> compared to other operating systems with, if someone who likes another
> os better is labeled as "suspicious"?

No, that alone is not suspicious.

> Isn't the basis for actual
> debate that you have opposing views on the subject at hand?

Well, for a "debate" you need someone to "debate with"
So far, precious few are available. From the windows camp very few. From the
Mac camp so far none have shown up, those who appeared where dumber than
bread and have put even DumbFullShit to shame with their stupidity

> Is it really just a place where people can sit around and agree on how
> good linux is you're after? I don't believe this group is the place
> you want, in that case.

It is also not the group to constantly telling lies, like Hadron Quark with
his moronic "OO is unstable" or "most OSS is crap".

Or like DFS "OO needs 12 seconds on a supercomputer to start"

Or, even if it is very old now (but still serves as an example of how *not*
to do it) Eriks claim of "dozens of root exploits". Or his idiotic Morris
email-claim, which he still maintains, even when given dozens of links
which explain in detail why that is balderdash

Not to speak of the pure filth coming from the likes of flatfish or raylopez
(or their respective nym d'heure)

It is also not the group to spam with OxRetards latest Mac-idiocy. Or Snots
newest attempt to install a Snot circus.

"Discussing" OS and their respective merits, fine. But those guys do
everything but that
--
Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!