[News] Industry Benchmarks Use Linux

Quad-core Xeons use small power plant to maul Opterons

,----[ Quote ]
| The benchmark was performed using 32 computers to submit 500 individual
| transactions to a server running Novell's SUSE Linux, Apache2 and MySQL. The
| firm said the test has a complex multi-user load with a large memory
| footprint, a high volume of context switches, significant network traffic and
| substantial amounts of physical disk I/O. Servers put through the wringer
| used 1GB memory modules in 4, 8 and 16GB memory configurations.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/16/nnanda_benchmark_amd_and_intel_quad_cores/

It's almost always Linux when it comes to these hardware benchmarks.

2 days ago:

AMD Beats Intel in Quad-Core Server Power Efficiency: Neal Nelson

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080114/20080114006249.html?.v=1