[News] Increased Demand for Linux, Even Microsoft Fans Defect

  • Subject: [News] Increased Demand for Linux, Even Microsoft Fans Defect
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:58:20 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Moving to Linux : Why the increased demand?

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is gaining. It’s almost impossible to miss, even for non-techies. Not
| only that, those non-techies are demanding it. Linux interest is spreading,
| perhaps driven by the dissatisfaction with the latest OS from Redmond.
|
| [...]
|
| These days, even the Micro$ofties are running Linux. You have got to love
| that.
|
| On top of this, there is a younger generation coming up that is more
| tech-savvy. They also more freedom and options. They want to explore
| possibilities. Linux offers the ability to do this. Especially as it develops
| and becomes better.
`----

http://www.suseblog.com/?p=286

Top 10 Linux FUD Patterns, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxfud.wordpress.com/2008/01/15/top-10-linux-fud-patterns-part-1/

| Okay, now lets tie this all back in together. Novell claimed several months
| back in a video ad that Desktop Linux users accounted for upwards of
| 30,000,000 different people. That's 30 million. Recent statements made by
| some Novell representatives indicate that they expect there are upwards of
| 50,000,000 Desktop Linux users. Microsoft has never contested the number of
| Desktop Linux users, and if anything the deal Microsoft signed with Novell
| was tacit agreement that Microsoft believed those numbers to be accurate.
`----

http://zerias.blogspot.com/2007/11/desktop-os-vista-vs-linux.html

Desktop Linux on the Rise, Linux Foundation Reports

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2220549,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594