[News] New Fedora and New KDE 4.0 Include Eye Candy Out of the Box

  • Subject: [News] New Fedora and New KDE 4.0 Include Eye Candy Out of the Box
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:29:45 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fedora 8 Tips Topper

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 8, the company's community-developed Linux distribution arrived in
| early December as planned and was bumped to version 8.0.1 before the end of
| the year. The biggest changes to the distribution in this trip to the
| haberdasher are numerous targeted installations, dubbed “Spins” by the Red
| Hat team behind its development. Also included are desktop graphic
| enhancements that make this free Linux distribution behave more like its
| commercial competition from Apple and Microsoft.
|
| [...]
|
| Desktop users will likely notice some graphical additions to their windows
| and scroll bars, as Fedora 8.0.1 includes Compiz Fusion. Compiz Fusion is
| installed by default, but must be enabled by the user in the system
| preferences. Once enabled, Compiz Fusion brings window morphing and desktop
| rotation into the user experience, and has been compared to Mac OS X’s Spaces
| feature.
`----

http://www.sdtimes.com/article/story-20080115-07.html

Ten Tips for KDE 4.0 Beginners

,----[ Quote ]
| # Enabling KWin effects
| KWin’s new 3D effects work great on my computer, but they were not enabled by
| default. To turn them on, open System Settings and click Desktop. Simply
| check the Enable desktop effects box and click Apply.
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/01/15/ten-tips-for-kde-40-beginners/

Related:

Fedora 8 renews tradition of innovations

,----[ Quote ]
| This release makes it obvious that the Fedora community prides itself on
| innovation.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119998

Community Welcomes Fedora 8 With Strong Download Numbers

,----[ Quote ]
| Fedora 8 offers both GNOME and KDE-based Live CDs and a general-purpose
| installable DVD for workstations and servers. It also includes improved Live
| USB support, making it possible to install, boot and run the entire
| distribution off of a USB key without touching the computer's hard disk at
| all. This enhancement makes Fedora attractive to those who wish to experiment
| with Linux without risking their data.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071112/20071112005990.html?.v=1

Upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit Fedora Linux without a system reinstall

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/123800