[News] Windows Loses to Linux on RM miniBook

  • Subject: [News] Windows Loses to Linux on RM miniBook
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:11:54 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
RM miniBook with Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]
| And the RM miniBook's screen seems rather too small when displaying the
| Windows desktop as opposed to the easy-to-use large icon type of format the
| Linux variant employs.
`----

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=1618

Windows XP struggled on the Eee PC for similar reasons. It's not just a matter
of cost, but also a question of flexibility.

Related (from last week):

Second-gen Eee PC a CES no-show

,----[ Quote ]
| However, the anticipated second-gen Eee PC failed to make its anticipated
| appearance.
|
| The larger screen size – rumoured for some time – will provide a resolution
| of 1024 x 600, Asus said. That addresses one of the chief limitations of the
| current, 7in Eee PC: its 800 x 480 resolution, which isn't too much of a
| problem for Linux, but doesn't play so well with Windows.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/01/08/ces_2_gen_eee_pc_no_show/

Simple, tiny computers forcing Microsoft to make changes

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/346547_flashpc09.html