Re: Why Vista is the Beginning of the End of Windows

____/ thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Thursday 10 January 2008 18:18 :
\____

> Bruce Scott TOK <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote:
>>
>> In other words, the MS scam worked....   they got their money in any
>> case.
>
> The problem for Microsoft though, is that channel stuffing is
> really in a sense just a way of taking an advance against future
> retail sales.  The channel is now full, which is probably why
> Rex's numbers show the daily average falling off over time.
> It means revenue growth will be that much harder to achieve in
> the future.
>
> Of course Vista growth will continue even if slower than MS would
> like, OEM sales will assure it.  Eventually they will fix enough
> of its problems that resistance to migration will ease.  Vista
> will eventually be the dominant desktop OS I expect, but by then
> I also expect desktop Linux will have carved off an undeniable
> niche on par with the Mac.

Thad, for some reason my client drops all posts from "Bruce Scott TOK" (must be
something in the post headers). Can someone quote Bruce's message in full?
Please? I'll need to find out what filter condition has gone awry (false
positive)...

"I have never known much good done by those who affected to trade for the
public good."
                --Adam Smith