Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft: If We Can't Beat Them We Buy Them ($1.2 Billion Acquisition)

____/ [H]omer on Friday 11 January 2008 11:11 : \____

>> Microsoft buys search outfit
>
> ... and promptly flushes down the toilet.
>
> Like nearly everything else MS buys, it'll just get absorbed by the void
> and amount to nothing.  If they're lucky, they can capitalise on all the
> speculation to shift Google stock down a couple of cents for a few days.

It's for enterprise search as I understand it. See this again (on the same
subject that terrifies Microsoft tremendously):

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has warned Google to steer clear of corporate search,
| declaring that the market is "our house"....
|
| "Those people are not going to be allowed to take food off our plate,
|                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| because that is what they are intending to do."
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2160431/microsoft-warns-google-business

Modestst proposal to Microsoft corporation:

Sell these oil refineries which Gates invests so heavily in around Africa.
Instead of killing these children in Africa, hire them to build Vista botnets
(it takes just one TCP/IP packet to own Vista, as we discovered just days
ago), then bombard the federal government and attempt to acquire Google when
the FTC ain't watching. Seriously, Microsoft, it might work! As your recent
briberies in Africa shows, nobody will watch or punish you. At worse of
circumstances, run a smear campaign against that $100 laptop guy or that
Jackson guy who suggested splitting you. Failing that, hire some more XML
experts from Australia to modify Wikipedia and display criminal lies about
those who tell the truth. This way, all your enemies will wind up in prison or
be embargoed.

Seriously, Mickysoft, I tell ya...

THIS CAN WORK!!!

"Get me into that and goddam, we'll make so much money!"

                                                        --Bill Gates

"I am convinced we have to use Windows – this is the one thing they don’t have.
We have to be competitive with features, but we need something more — Windows
integration."
                                --Jim Allchin, Microsoft