Re: [News] Eee PC Gets Beryl in the Debian Repositories, Gets Praised

____/ Phoon Hencman on Friday 25 January 2008 00:32 : \____

http://video.gearlive.com/video/article/q108-231-eee-pc-full-desktop-mode-installing-beryl/

> The
>>
> video is good but the eeepc doesn't come with curl. I tried dpkg' ing
> it and it can't be found.
> I have the 2g surf model. I had such hopes for this! The vid made it
> look simple and if it worked it would have been!
>
> Foiled again....

There are other howto's just like this one. Some of them instruct assuming the
use of Ubuntu or another GNU/Linux distribution. It's also possible to to KDE4
on the Eee and it performs nicely.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    WARNING: /dev/null running out of space
Mem:    515500k total,   450412k used,    65088k free,     1180k buffers