Re: [News] Flash for GNU/Linux Becomes Hardware-accelerated

____/ Homer on Thursday 19 June 2008 14:12 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on
>> Sat, 14 Jun 2008 22:16:10 +0100
>> <q1pdi5-nl4.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>> It won't be forever.
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
>>
>> has a fair number of problems with Flash games, but hopefully it will
>> become more polished as time goes on.
>>
>> I think it's kind of a neat idea, actually. ;-)
>
> I think that remark may have been more in reference to this:
>
> http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2006/11/adobe_releases_.html
> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tamarin/
>
> With the Vole pushing Silverlight, it's inevitable that Flash will
> eventually go FOSS, especially as Adobe can't have failed to notice
> the FOSS implementation has accomplished something they seem incapable
> of (64-bit).

The possibilities are interesting. Could modify the code to omit ads. About
redistribution, well... they won't choose the GPL, will they? The want
consistency.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    YaSTall Linux to figure out the magic