Re: [News] Flash for GNU/Linux Becomes Hardware-accelerated

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on
> Sat, 14 Jun 2008 22:16:10 +0100
> <q1pdi5-nl4.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> It won't be forever.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/
>
> has a fair number of problems with Flash games, but hopefully it will
> become more polished as time goes on.
>
> I think it's kind of a neat idea, actually. ;-)

I think that remark may have been more in reference to this:

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2006/11/adobe_releases_.html
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tamarin/

With the Vole pushing Silverlight, it's inevitable that Flash will
eventually go FOSS, especially as Adobe can't have failed to notice
the FOSS implementation has accomplished something they seem incapable
of (64-bit).

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Stallman has frequently pointed out, Free Software is by no means
| antithetical to making money: it's just a question of how you make
| money." ~ Glyn Moody: http://tinyurl.com/4wn2l2 (ComputerworldUK)

 14:12:15 up 181 days, 10:47,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.11