[News] Yahoo! Ditches Convicted Abusive Monopolist Microsoft, Gets Closer to Google

  • Subject: [News] Yahoo! Ditches Convicted Abusive Monopolist Microsoft, Gets Closer to Google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:03:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Yahoo! and Microsoft terminate talks, this time for good

,----[ Quote ]
| Yahoo!'s “all or nothing” attitude is likely to inflame further gazillionaire
| greenmailer Carl Icahn, who is waging a proxy war to depose the incumbent
| board.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/12/yahoo_microsoft_talks_teminated/

As Microsoft Walks Away, Yahoo Enters Google Ad Pact

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. abandoned its pursuit of Yahoo Inc., opening the way for
| Yahoo to complete a search-advertising pact with rival Google Inc. that pits
| the industry's two biggest forces against Microsoft.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB121329534659368693-lMyQjAxMDI4MTEzMjIxOTI1Wj.html

And Zawodny is out. Others too.

Yahoo Loses Another Top Exec

,----[ Quote ]
| It's bad enough, after all, that Fayyad, Weiner, Jeremy Zawodny, and J.R.
| Conlin would leave Yahoo around the same time.  For one of them to go to a
| direct competitor must really hurt.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/06/12/yahoo-loses-another-top-exec

Microsoft: destroying companies for self benefit.

Days ago:

Icahn: Yahoo Has 'Sunk To A New Low'

,----[ Quote ]
| Carl Icahn said Tuesday that Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) " can't compete" over the
| next five years if it doesn't acquire Yahoo Inc. (YHOO).
`----

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200806102131DOWJONESDJONLINE000621_FORTUNE5.htm

Recent:

Microsoft says to borrow money for Yahoo deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp said on Monday it may borrow money for the first time in its
| history to fund a portion of its $44.6 billion unsolicited offer for Yahoo
| Inc.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNews/idUSN0455692920080205

Why Microsoft Should Fret

,----[ Quote ]
| But what if at stake in the battle isn't just Microsoft's position in selling
| ads, but the very survival of its core software business? Microsoft would
| never admit that so much is on the line.
`----

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120277476716860601.html?mod=yahoo_hs&ru=yahoo

Microsoft's Last Big Beat: Internet Domination or Death

,----[ Quote ]
| What can $44.6B USD mean? Well, for Microsoft (MSFT) it may mean the cost of
| survival.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63876-microsoft-s-last-big-beat-internet-domination-or-death?source=yahoo

Related: