Re: Back on Demon.Net Again Roy? Now we know where the giganews troll comes from...

____/ Tattoo Vampire on Sunday 09 March 2008 15:35 : \____

> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>
>> The more he talks, the worse he makes your side (Linux) of the debate look.
>
> How?

By behaving like pigs, the trolls/Microsoft partners/shills/whatever hope to
drag me into the same mudbath with them, in order to demonstrate misbehaviour
and such. They try to provoke for impolite responses.

When I subscribed to this in NG back in 2005 I was only participating in long
threads that had invaded other technical groups like the SUSE NG (Gary Stewart
invaded by crossposting with inflammatory pseudonyms). I replied to trolls
very politely at the time (no filters needed to be used outside COLA). Now all
I ever get is personal attack, but for what? Am I attacking the trolls?

The libel is all new and I think it all began with the castration stories that
Gary started spreading and then linking to. Other people can tell similar
stories about false rumours being planted and used against them.

Feel free to listen to the troll (not you personally), but do so at your own
risk. When I watch the newsgroup from Google Groups (no filters) I see some
sort of a parallel universe where I am claimed to be a spammer, where I am
claimed to be profiting (I hardly make ends meet) and where I'm characterised
as some form of alien human being, which is amusing because I have a very
ordinary lifestyle. Last week I even won a trophy for sports that I do... :-)

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2008/03/04/mr-fitness-photos/

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."