Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Slammed for OOXML Secrecy, Unleashing Shills (Zuck, ACT)

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 01 March 2008 11:37 : \____

>> ____/ [H]omer on Friday 29 February 2008 23:57 : \____

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> What are they hiding?
>>
>> Uncle Fester and the big cake.
>>

> Secrecy inevitably hides corruption, mismanagement, and so on.  The
> same excuse has been used to split families in the UK for years.  The
> family courts are kept secret, even the participants are required to
> keep silent;  these courts never have male judges, so inevitably, they
> are 100% baissed.
>
> A few cases have come to light recently where children have been
> reunited with the fathers they were forced away from, and both parties
> have been deeply affected by the whole process.  I've *never* seen
> anyone around to justify it.
>
> Same thing for the Social Services parts of Councils.
>
> In both cases, privacy is used as an excuse to cover up poor practice,
> and in the case of the family courts, abuse & bias.
>
> There was a very very good reason for Jury trials.

I posted the OP before the final outcome. At the end, it turned out that it was
chaos and there was plenty to hide indeed. The BRM in Geneva was a farce and a
HUGE embarrassment for ISO. I'll post updates shortly. ;-)

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux
Tasks: 131 total,   1 running, 130 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie