Re: Asus EEE unloading USB devices

    Moshe> Pretty much true.  From what I have read there are 2
    Moshe> distinct types of users for this thing.  The ones that of
    Moshe> course like Linux and will buy anything Linux.  They will
    Moshe> customize, maybe install a different distribution etc.

Of course!   Linux suits machines  with such "limited"  resources very
much.  (I  quote that word, because the  EEE PC has more  RAM and disk
space than the dual Celeron 300A desktop that I built 10 years ago.)

    Moshe> And the person who sees this as a very inexpensive
    Moshe> notebook.  In this class, most will seek out a method for
    Moshe> installing Windows but some will stay with Linux.

Good.  Let these people learn how troublesome it is to install Windows
themselves, let  alone having  to trim  it down to  suit the  EEE PC's
limited resources.   Most of them  have been feeding  on pre-installed
OS.  Now, they have to do it themselves.

    Moshe> Based upon the number of help sites that have FAQ on how to
    Moshe> install Windows I suspect a lot of people are dumping Linux
    Moshe> for Windows.

Based on help  sites that have FAQs and HOWTOs  on installing Linux on
Windows-preinstalled  Dell/Lenovo/...  servers/desktops/laptops, would
you suspect that a lot of people are dumping Windows for Linux?

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦                          ~{@nJX6X~}

E-mail: danlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx