Re: [News] Windows Viruses Drive People to GNU/Linux

____/ Chris S. on Thursday 13 March 2008 21:27 : \____

> "Linonut" <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>* Chris S. peremptorily fired off this memo:
>>
>>> "Moshe Goldfarb" <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Yep! Yhat one!
>>
>> Where?  I cannot find IFRAMEREF in the main page.  What page is it on?
>>
>> Did you put something on his pages?
>
> It's NOT visable. It's a transparent HTML piece of code. Just opening the
> main
> page will invoke it. My OneCare caught it and "cleaned" it. Your Milage may
> Vary.

This was found last night. My very out-of-date installation of phpBB  got
exploited (first time any of my software gets exploited in 7 years of running
sites on BSD and Linux). I've cleaned  most stuff up, but I'm styill working
with the Web host to get rid of what's left. Script kiddies snuck in extra
markup that points to some other domain (via iframe) -- whatever it actually
does. This will be resolved by the weekend.

Thanks for the headsup, Chris.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux
 22:05:04 up 49 days,  7:59,  7 users,  load average: 3.43, 2.08, 1.81