[News] GIMP 2.4.6 Released, SaxenOS 2008 (Linux) Approaches Release

GIMP 2.4.6 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| GIMP 2.4.6 is a bug-fix release in the stable 2.4 series. No new features are
| being added here, just bug-fixes.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/27237

SaxenOS goes PCLinuxOS

,----[ Quote ]
| SaxenOS from Germany once based on Slackware and Zenwalk-based distribution
| with the Xfce desktop and designed for older, low-specification computers
| adopts PCLinuxOS as its base and Xfce desktop
`----

http://saleem-khan.blogspot.com/2008/05/saxenos-goes-pclinuxos.html

My SaxenOS 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Over all SaxenOS 2008 looks promising and quite stable at this early beta
| stage and I am sure it will be robust and stable enough once it reaches to
| the  final version.
`----

http://saleem-khan.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-saxenos-2008.html

Related:

SaxenOS [Linux] 2.0 is released

,----[ Quote ]
| The SaxenOS 2 iso image is now down to a 534 MB size and needs
| about 1.7 GB space on the target partition plus of course the
| space for home directories and temporary/log files - so a 2 GB
| partition size is still the minimum. Check the download page to
| grab it.
`----

http://saxenos.de/wb/pages/posts/saxenos-2.0-is-released24.php

SaxenOS and SimplyMEPIS - bumps in the middle of the road

,----[ Quote ]
| SaxenOS 2.0 Beta 1
|
| [...]
|
| I've always liked STX and can say I believe I like SaxenOS even better.
| It's still wonderful for older hardware and now with 2.0 it is easier
| to install and use. It's always fast, stable, and fairly complete. I
| feel like the version bump perhaps should have come at the beginning
| of this development cycle due to the massive interface changes, so
| it is definitely justified now.
|
| [...]
|
| SimplyMEPIS 6.5 Beta 5
|
| [...]
|
| Despite KDE still being version 3.5.3 and much of the same software
| is offered, the updated look and feel as well as the X server and
| promise of Beryl does seem to justify a version bump mid-cycle
| for SimplyMEPIS.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070219#review

SaxenOS 1.1 rc2