[News] [Rival] Microsoft Humiliates Own Search Engine by 'Bribing' People to Use It

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Humiliates Own Search Engine by 'Bribing' People to Use It
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 15:06:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft’s Google Search Killer Strategy is a Rewards Program?

,----[ Quote ]
| I must admit that I almost cringed when I read about Microsoft Live Search’s
| newest strategy to boost its Live Search standing in the web search market,
| and possibly to attract more users. Microsoft is about to announce its Live
| Search Cash Back promo, I mean program.
|
| Call it desperate measures or whatever, but no matter how you would look at
| it, this new program is simply humiliating.
`----

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/microsofts-google-search-killer-strategy-is-a-rewards-program/6948/

Microsoft is trying once again to *PAY* people to use its search engine (i.e.
to suffer with poor results).

Microsoft's Unique Position In Online Advertising: We're Desperate

,----[ Quote ]
| This part finally acknowledges one part of the mess: "Fix our online
| branding ? Our brands are fragmented and confusing today, and we recognize a
| need to clarify and align our online branding. We are now driving forward to
| address this opportunity." The company is also looking at further smaller
| acquisitions in the online advertising space.
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/18/AR2008051802383.html

Related:

Green Party slams Microsoft OLPC involvement

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.infomaticsonline.co.uk/vnunet/news/2170267/update-green-party-labels