[News] [Humour] Windows and Steretypes

The Microsoft Ad you’ll never see

,----[ Quote ]
| I recently watched the third of Microsoft’s new ads, “I’m a PC and I’m not
| alone,” and I thought perhaps more of the story needed to be told...
`----

http://meanderingpassage.com/2008/10/02/the-microsoft-ad-youll-never-see/

Typical browser users?

http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/2008/10/01/typical-browser-users

"There is such an overvaluation of technology stocks that it is absurd. I would
include our stock in that category. It is bad for the long-term worth of the
economy."
                                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft's CEO

Recent:

Attention Microsoft: I’m A PC (Running Ubuntu Linux)

,----[ Quote ]
| Talk about ironic. Microsoft has launched a new chapter of its Windows Vista
| advertising campaign, branded around the line “I’m a PC.” I suspect Microsoft
| is trying to communicate that PCs have open architectures and have a far
| larger user population than Apple Macintoshes. Still, Microsoft overlooked
| one important fact in its “I’m a PC” ad campaign: The best part of open
| hardware involves the rising popularity of open software like Ubuntu Linux.
`----

http://www.workswithu.com/2008/09/21/attention-microsoft-im-a-pc-running-ubuntu-linux/

Microsoft’s 'Phase 2' ad campaign - No mention of Vista anywhere

,----[ Quote ]
| Has the “Vista” name become so toxic that Microsoft dare not even mention it
| in any of the ads? Are these ads designed to help Vista or are they being
| aired to pave the way for Windows 7?
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2648

Microsoft’s ‘I’m a PC’ Ads Created On Macs

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/09/19/microsofts-im-a-pc-ads-created-on-macs/