[News] Ubuntu-Firefox EULA Issue Said to be Resolved

Ubuntu, Firefox and License Issues

,----[ Quote ]
| The most important thing here is to acknowledge that yes, the content of the
| license agreement is wrong.  The correct content is clear that the code is
| governed by FLOSS licenses, not the typical end user license agreement
| language that is in the current version.  We created a license that points to
| the FLOSS licenses, but we’ve made a giant error in not getting this to
| Ubuntu, other distributors, and posted publicly for review.  We’ll correct
| this asap.
|
| [...]
|
| #  Asa Dotzler Says:
| September 15th, 2008 at 11:53 am
|
| Thanks for clearing up the issue of the EULA’s content, Mitchell.
|
| Unfortunately, from what I’ve read over the last couple of days, I can’t find
| any serious concerns expressed about the _content_ of the EULA.
|
| Pretty much all of what’s being discussed publicly has been about the very
| existence of a EULA.
|
| “EULAs don’t belong in Free Software” seems to be the basic sentiment.
|
| I don’t know how one argues against that sentiment given that every major
| Linux distro I’ve installed had a EULA and yet that seems unproblematic to
| most of the people making the demands that Mozilla not have one.
`----

http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2008/09/15/ubuntu-firefox-and-license-issues/

Related:

Firefox 3: rocking on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A few people have been noticing how good our support on Linux has gotten
| during the Firefox 3 development cycle and I thought I would post to try and
| point out some of the good stuff that we have coming down the pipe.
`----

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=325

Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Is A Win For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the latest beta of Firefox 3 today, and the Linux
| efforts behind it are starting to show even more. This release, being a beta,
| is surprisingly stable. Here’s the killer that makes this beta release
| amazing: true GTK support.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/12/20/firefox-30-beta-2-is-a-win-for-linux/

Personas from Mozilla Labs give Firefox a sleek coat

,----[ Quote ]
| I probably won't use Personas much myself since I greatly prefer the
| unadulterated GTK look in Firefox 3, but the addon is very intriguing from a
| technical standpoint. The way that Personas takes Firefox's Internet
| capabilities and leverages theme to bring dynamic content to the Firefox
| chrome layer is very creative and it reflects a lot of possibilities that I
| had never previously considered.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/12/16/personas-from-mozilla-labs-gives-firefox-a-sleek-coat

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme