[News] Another Linux-related Deal, "Compiz Council" Born

Resilience(R) Joins Ingram Micro, the World's Largest Technology Distributor,
to Provide Web Security Solutions

,----[ Quote ]
| Resilience, a leading provider of purpose-built security appliances, today
| announced a distribution agreement with Ingram Micro Inc., the world's
| largest technology distributor. Ingram Micro will begin offering Resilience
| CWR Appliances for Websense Web Security v7 through their U.S. channel in
| February 2009.
| This new agreement gives Ingram Micro's approximately 170,000 resellers
| direct access to Resilience security appliances, preloaded with a Linux-based
| Resilience-hardened OS and Websense Web Security v7.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/resiliencer-joins-ingram-micro-worlds/story.aspx?guid=%7BB30EB99C-C606-4617-A37B-4B03E881A07F%7D&dist=msr_1
http://tinyurl.com/czqnky

The "Compiz Council" created

,----[ Quote ]
| As a result of the general unrest in the Compiz community, a series of
| conference calls were held to work out how to move forward. The minutes
| of these conference calls have already been published, but no official
| statements have been made, until now.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/317903/

Recent:

Nomad & Compiz++ To Merge Back Into Compiz

,----[ Quote ]
| Following today's Compiz Conference Call, it has been decided that both
| Compiz++ and Nomad (another branch of Compiz) will be merged back into
| Compiz.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NzAzNg

How to run Emerald at Startup

,----[ Quote ]
| Emerald is a 3D window decorator for compositing window managers such as
| Compiz in Ubuntu. Emerald has grown into a very complex window decorator for
| 3D desktops and supports a wide variety of settings and ways to develop your
| own themes easily. Emerald is a critical component of my current Ubuntu setup
| and a few folks have asked what they need to do if they want it to run at
| startup. Here’s how:
`----

http://seogadget.co.uk/how-to-run-emerald-at-startup/

BREAKING: compiz++ branch hits git

,----[ Quote ]
| Ladies and Gentlemen what you are seeing here may well be the future of
| compiz as we know it, in a new compiz branch called compiz++ which allows for
| really neat things like:
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2008/12/24/breaking-compiz-branch-hits-git/

First There Was Compiz, Now There Is Compiz++

,----[ Quote ]
| First there was Compiz, a compositing window manager that brought very
| interesting desktop effects to Linux, and then Beryl came about as a fork of
| Compiz before it ultimately turned into Compiz Fusion. Today though, on
| Christmas eve, the world can now meet Compiz++.
|
| Compiz++ is a branch of Compiz that brings several new features to the table
| and there are huge changes. First off, the Composite and OpenGL layers to
| Compiz have been separated so that Compiz++ no longer is just a compositing
| window manager. If your graphics hardware or drivers don't support Composite,
| you can now run Compiz++ as a normal window manager without compositing
| effects. Other rendering back-ends could be introduced to Compiz++ so that
| the windowing manager could render to say X Render or Clutter. Compiz++ also
| provides re-parented decorations.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njk1Ng

Compiz 0.8 Has Been Branched

,----[ Quote ]
| Compiz 0.7 was released back in February and since then we've seen a series
| of minor updates. Now though we may have Compiz 0.8 to look forward to in the
| near future.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg3NA

Compiz Support For Multi-Pointer X