[News] GNU/Linux Integrates with Windows-centric Enterprise

Exchange 2007 and the Linux Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Geek points! I got in a "Stranger in a Strange Land" reference! In this case,
| it is not martian patience, it is just that there is not choice. MAPI support
| is coming soon, but it is not here yet, and it is getting here far faster
| than it might otherwise have, since the various projects have access to the
| actual protocols this time around. It still will take some time. I fully
| expect that Evolution 2.26.0 will be followed by a series of point releases
| while all the bugs get worked out on this brand new feature set.
|
| The funny thing about all this is that it probably still is only a short term
| thing before all the angst about these protocols fades from relevance. Cloud
| Computing, Google Gears,, SaaS, Linux based Netbooks, and all the current
| technology has us heading away these paradigms can not help but have an
| impact here.
`----

http://talk.bmc.com/blogs/blog-carl/steve-carl/Exchange-2007-linux-desktop

Related:

Connected: Microsoft Outlook 2007 is no prize, either

,----[ Quote ]
| Outlook 2007 is one of the weaker applications in Office 2007. At times I get
| so frustrated with its slow response and idiosyncrasies that I'm tempted to
| uninstall it and go back to Outlook 2003. Readers also have frustrations.
`----

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08096/870663-96.stm

Outlook 2007 users complain about slow performance

,----[ Quote ]
| Early users of Outlook 2007, the latest version of Microsoft Corp.'s
| market-leading e-mail client, are voicing widespread complaints about
| the software's sluggish performance.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9013243&source=NLT_PM&nlid=8

65 Reasons Why Outlook 2007 Will Suck

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/05/26/65-reasons-why-outlook-2007-will-suck/

E-Mail Marketers Should Look Beyond Outlook

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately, you can't add code, or any HTML for that matter, to a
| message in Microsoft Outlook. That leaves adding graphics as an
| attachment, which is a showstopper.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/12/microsoft-intuit-spam-ent-tech-cx_sb_0312smallbizresource.html?partner=yahootix

Microsoft confirms OneCare zaps Outlook, Outlook Express e-mail

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. has acknowledged that a bug in its Windows Live
| OneCare security suite has been causing users' e-mail to vanish
| from Outlook and Outlook Express.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012499

Microsoft Breaks HTML Email Rendering in Outlook 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| If support for web standards in browsers is improving slowly,
| then support in email clients is moving at a glacial pace.
| Attempts to document things like CSS support in the major
| email clients have revealed a depressing state of affairs,
| but with recent desktop clients like Thunderbird now sitting
| on solid rendering engines, things have been looking up.
`----

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2007/01/10/microsoft-breaks-html-email-rendering-in-outlook/

DOD bars use of HTML e-mail, Outlook Web Access

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.fcw.com/article97178-12-22-06-Web