[News] Cairo Dock 2.0.0 Released and Windows Applications Run in GNU/Linux Smoothly

  • Subject: [News] Cairo Dock 2.0.0 Released and Windows Applications Run in GNU/Linux Smoothly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 21:21:09 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cairo Dock 2.0.0 is Here (Linux Dock Menu)!

,----[ Quote ]
| Not so long ago I was telling you about the new version 2 of Cairo Dock which
| was at the time still in beta/rc and that it doesn't look at all like the old
| 1 branch - this new version is by far the best dock menu application I've
| seen for any operating system.
`----

http://webupd8.blogspot.com/2009/05/cairo-dock-200-is-here-linux-dock-menu.html

5 Easy Wine Front-ends for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| WINE, which stands for ‘Wine Is Not an Emulator’ is a piece of software which
| enables Linux systems to run Windows software. Some programs don’t work at
| all, some work perfectly, but some work if certain configurations are made.
| This is where these Wine front-ends come in. There are several Wine
| front-ends that help users to install Windows software without tweaking or
| performing any configuration manually.
`----

http://repasik.com/home/2009/05/11/5-easy-wine-front-ends-for-linux/

                “Wine is a better Windows than Vista”

                        --David Gerard

Related:

Flipping the Linux switch: Cairo-Dock is pain free eye candy

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a weird phenomenon. Nearly every computer platform steals another one's
| look. Vista gets accused of trying to look too much like OS X. Linux desktops
| get accused of trying to look like Vista (except when they're accused of
| ripping off OS X).
`----

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/05/07/flipping-the-linux-switch-cairo-dock-is-pain-free-eye-candy/

Cairo-Dock Adds Slick, Custom App-Launching to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.lifehacker.com.au/tips/2008/05/06/cairodock_adds_slick_custom_applaunching_to_linux-2.html