[News] More GNU/Linux Events (Whilst Microsoft's Get Cancelled Due to Budgets)

InternetNZ supports Australasian Linux Conference

,----[ Quote ]
| InternetNZ (Internet New Zealand Inc) is pleased to announce its leading
| sponsorship of Linux.conf.au 2010 (LCA2010).
|
| The annual Linux.conf.au conference will be held in January 2010 in
| Wellington - the second time it has been held in New Zealand. It will bring
| together local and international open source practitioners who contribute to
| the Linux operating system and numerous other open source projects. Linux
| creator Linus Torvalds regularly attends this event.
`----

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU0905/S00267.htm

Linux Audio Update

,----[ Quote ]
| This conference is a key "meeting of the minds" for Linux audio developers
| and users. Represented projects included Csound, the Q programming language,
| Pure Data (Pd), netjack and many others. Former conferences have been
| characterized by an abundance of fine conversation, music, food and wine, and
| reports indicate that organizer Fons Adriaensen maintained the tradition in
| excellent style. Judging from the quality of the papers I've read and the
| videos I've watched, LAC2009 appears to have been another successful event.
| As far as I know, the date and location of LAC2010 have not been formally
| announced, although Utrecht has been mentioned as a likely candidate.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-audio-update

Recent:

Microsoft Cancels 2009 BI Conference, Schedules It For Every Two Years

,----[ Quote ]
| Citing the recession and cutbacks in travel budgets, Microsoft has canceled
| this year's October Microsoft BI Conference, according to a posting on the
| company's Web site blog.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/217000139;jsessionid=CNK2VEB0UQI3SQSNDLPCKHSCJUNN2JVN

Related: