Re: Hello David "Lefty" Schlesinger, Microsoft supporter

Verily I say unto thee, that Stone Mirror spake thusly:
> On Aug 1, 10:18 am, Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Is expecting accountability from public figures, such as
>> representatives of the LiMo Foundation and the GNOME Foundation,
>> synonymous with being a "scumbag"?

Correction: "GNOME Foundation Advisory Board"

> Except that I've made it consistently clear that I'm not representing
> the views of either the LiMo Foundation or the GNOME Foundation

You're not forwarding your views as being representative of those
organisations, certainly, but you cannot escape your responsibility as
someone whose association with them is well known (indeed you even
advertise those associations right next to every article). So when
someone reads those articles, they will make that connection, regardless
of any disclaimer.

> Well, you'd better resign yourself to disappointment. Ask me how
> concerned I am.

Concerned enough to continue this conversation, apparently.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which
| the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf
| denounces him for the same act, as the destroyer of liberty.
| Plainly the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of
| the word liberty; and precisely the same difference prevails today
| among human creatures." ~ Abraham Lincoln
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8
 03:59:09 up 65 days,  7:57,  5 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00