Re: I can not turn on my T5 !

  • Subject: Re: I can not turn on my T5 !
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 04:07:21 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Kozo Morimoto wrote:

> I was using my calculator program KK-12c (demo) and to exit out of the
> program, I pressed the 'home' button (the left most button).  The T5
> looked like it turned itself off (crashed), so I pressed the turn on
> button.
> Nothing.  I then tried every reset commands listed on the Palm knowledge
> base (soft, hard, in cradle, zero out) but nothing seems to turn on the
> T5.
> None of the resets registers any kind of reaction from the T5.  The T5 was
> fully charged the night before, so its not the battery, but I've plugged
> it in overnight, just in case, but I still get no reaction.
>
> Is it dead?  Are there any other way to try to start it?  I just don't
> want the hassle of sending it for repairs and waiting for weeks for it to
> come
> back.  But if this is the only solution, so be it...   Lucky that I've
> kept my 5 year old Vx in my closet, I can continue reading my Harry Potter
> !

You could try to open the device and drain the battery or just remove it for
a minute, then re-attempt with emptied memory. Needless to mention, the
warrantee will go void so it's not worth it. I heard similar stories in the
past, so I suggest you just remain patient while a replacement gets
shipped. I am sure Palm will take care of your old unit and use it as a
refurbished device that somebody else can use.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com