Re: Visitors 0.5

_____/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 18:06, [www.1-script.com] wrote : \_____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Google has crawled the site more than ever before. Googlebot alone
>> snatched
>> 423 MB since the beginning of the month. To see if there was a rise in
>> terms of requests on the 19th of the month I would need some
>> scripts....
>> hmmmmm.... where could I get some scripts??? 3, 2, 1...  Never mind...
>
> He-he, that was a good one! ;-). No, you do not need a *script* for that,
> you need a pre-compiled executable program since it's a pretty darn
> I/O-processor-memory intensive task to analyze a log file that's big
> enough. My vote goes to Visitors 0.5 - get it here for free:
>

> http://www.hping.org/visitors/
>
> Check out its Google stats options, they are simply awesome.

Just compiled it cleanly, checked out all the command-line arguments, ran

visitors -G schestowitz.com-Aug-2005

which was not too helpful, looked at all the options again and couldn't
immediately figure out how to phrase or even chain a request for "list hits
from Googlebot by date". Ideas? Have you got some quick copies-and-pastes
that are valuable?

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Did anyone see my lost carrier?"
http://Schestowitz.com