Re: Visitors and UIP

_____/ On Wednesday 24 August 2005 18:59, [www.1-script.com] wrote : \_____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Just compiled it cleanly, checked out all the command-line arguments,
>> ran
>
>> visitors -G schestowitz.com-Aug-2005
>
>> which was not too helpful, looked at all the options again and couldn't
>> immediately figure out how to phrase or even chain a request for
>> "list hits
>> from Googlebot by date". Ideas? Have you got some quick
>> copies-and-pastes
>> that are valuable?
>
> You have to tell it how many items per section you want. I found it useful
> for me to have at least 1500 entries per section. The default is much much
> less. I forgot what the default is, but it did not do much for me - I
> sometimes have 10K+ entries per day for referring keywords only. Also, do
> not limit yourself to Google stats only by the -G key. The stats produced
> can give you all the info about a site you might need so I stopped using
> Webaliser or Awstats. I did not master the graphing capabilities yet, but
> they do look very juicy indeed.
> Here is my command line, very simple, -A is for all ;-)
>
> visitors -A --max-lines 1500 1-script.com --output-file stats\report.html

Sweet! Here are the UIP's from Google, which confirms that something changed
*frown*.

01/Aug/2005     510 (35.1%)
02/Aug/2005     610 (36.3%)
03/Aug/2005     610 (39.2%)
04/Aug/2005     550 (39.9%)
05/Aug/2005     608 (43.0%)
06/Aug/2005     359 (33.3%)
07/Aug/2005     351 (31.7%)
08/Aug/2005     610 (41.9%)
09/Aug/2005     562 (35.6%)
10/Aug/2005     547 (37.6%)
11/Aug/2005     570 (24.2%)
12/Aug/2005     542 (19.2%)
13/Aug/2005     387 (11.8%)
14/Aug/2005     362 (11.2%)
15/Aug/2005     581 (8.4%)
16/Aug/2005     577 (9.8%)
17/Aug/2005     509 (13.7%)
18/Aug/2005     518 (16.8%)
19/Aug/2005     391 (16.1%)
20/Aug/2005     254 (13.0%)
21/Aug/2005     253 (16.6%)
22/Aug/2005     432 (21.5%)
23/Aug/2005     405 (23.0%)

I can't find a section that will provide a break-down by crawlers _and_
date... so, I still fail to see how I can identify unusual crawler
activity...

Visitors seems like a valid replacement to AWStats. It is also very quick to
generate but the output choken the browser.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Software sucks. Open Source sucks less."
http://Schestowitz.com