Re: When does Google reevaluate PR?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> John Bokma wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> John Bokma wrote:
>>
>> [ .. ]

>>> Live bookmarks are very weak in my humble opinion. See:
>>>
>>> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/03/18/will-browsers-die/
>>
>> I read there that browsers will be replaced by RSS. Uhm... I think I
>> read that some time ago, push technology or something like that :-D.
>>
>>> http://www.schestowitz.com/Bookmarks/rss-links.htm
>>
>> See just some links
>
> You showed me that you follow /. using RSS. I showed you that I do
> too.

:-D, it was late lol. I didn't see it was *your* site. Apologies.

> No, no... *smile* my point was that I one gets no indication what was
> read and what wasn't.

It does, in an odd way, if I click a slashdot link, the link in the Live
bookmark menu gets the favicon :-D. But yeah, it could be done better,
agreed. Also it has uses &amp; instead of & (Hi SEODave) in the menu.

> There is also no 'new item/s' indication. This
> is crucial if you follow many sites or many newsgroups.

True, I run often my browser the whole day, so the favicons work for me.
But for slow feeds I have to remember which one was last. Two good
points, and I think it just works for me because I just follow 4 or 5
feeds.

--
John                       Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
                 Experienced (web) developer: http://castleamber.com/