Re: disappeared from google

__/ [C] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 17:41 \__

> "John Bokma" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> sorry thats fake to stop me getting spammed
>>
>> Uhm, so you make sure the spam goes to someone else?

I was pointing that out yesterday when statistics were posted about popular
E-mail addresses in UseNet. billg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx was among the most popular.
Imagine the load on the mail server. The owner might have to block ports
altogether.

>> Don't make up domain names, use .invalid, e.g.
>>
>> c@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> sorry i dont think it exists but
>
> its now changed
>
> thanks for the advice

How about setting up a spamtrap domain where spam is accumulated to train
some classifier? I guess that sooner or later spammers would abstain from
posting to that domain and be worried about harvesting. I think it has some
potential.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Bottom-post: as English goes from top to bottom
  4:15am  up 6 days  0:13,  4 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.28, 0.38