Re: disappeared from google

  • Subject: Re: disappeared from google
  • From: John Bokma <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 9 Nov 2005 07:32:57 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines

> __/ [C] on Tuesday 08 November 2005 17:41 \__
>
>> "John Bokma" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Uhm, so you make sure the spam goes to someone else?
>
> I was pointing that out yesterday when statistics were posted about
> popular E-mail addresses in UseNet. billg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx was among the
> most popular.

I once used an email address 1 time on Usenet. It doesn't get more or
less spam then others. Email lists are merged, etc.

> How about setting up a spamtrap domain where spam is accumulated to
> train some classifier?

This is already done. Spamtraps are easier to set up then an spam free
email address.

> I guess that sooner or later spammers would
> abstain from posting to that domain and be worried about harvesting.

LOL! No such thing.

> I think it has some potential.

Nah, people just buy a few million email addresses, and don't care if
there are spam traps or not. How does one check for such a thing? Ages
ago there was stuff like webposion (sp?). A CGI script that created a
page with hundreds of fake (well, let's hope that was the case)
addresses to lessen the value of email addresses. But if you can buy
millions of them on CD, why bother.

Personally I guess people will move more and more to IM. MSN Messenger
(now Live Messenger) is going to get off line message sending abilities.

--
John                       Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
                                             or have them custom made