Re: Which Linux Distribution(s) is/are suitable for beginners ?

__/ [bountifulharvest@xxxxxxxxx] on Sunday 16 October 2005 08:25 \__

> Hi all !
>
> I am a computer user, I am not very bright, in fact, I am kind of
> dimwitted.
>
> But I want to learn Linux.
>
> Can anyone tell me which Linux distribution should I download, so that
> I can try set it up on my computer, and learn how to use it ?
>
> Thank you !

I'd suggest you try Ubuntu. Get the CD's shipped to you for free <
https://shipit.ubuntu.com/ >. Ubuntu[1] is very easy to use and it gives
you a  good basis and orientation as a prospective Linuxer. The Live CD is
a plus, just in case you are hesitant about the transition and need the
trial as a re-inforcer.

I use Ubuntu on 2 of my 3 machines, so my sig does not imply hypocrisy.

Roy

[1]I hear Kubuntu is a little buggy, but I prefer KDE to GNOME.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
  8:35am  up 51 days 20:49,  6 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.45, 0.54