Re: Um...what's inkscape?

  • Subject: Re: Um...what's inkscape?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:25:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gimp
  • References: <op.s8jf5ch3k1j5fz@buck-hq8w50vj01> <cKf3g.15049$vy1.12498@news-server.bigpond.net.au> <1707954.Ps9fsJFa5Y@schestowitz.com> <e2lrng$2u9e$1@agate.berkeley.edu> <RFw3g.16788$4L1.4783@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com> <e2m7d0$ud$1@agate.berkeley.edu> <hJx3g.16818$4L1.13830@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com> <sNx3g.16819$4L1.2259@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com> <mKO3g.54584$_S7.38852@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>
__/ [ Michael Soibelman ] on Wednesday 26 April 2006 19:12 \__

> Michael Soibelman wrote:
>
>> Michael Soibelman wrote:

I was under the impression that Xara Xtreme is now free.

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2005/10/12/xara-gets-xtreme-goes-open-source-hits-linux-and-mac/

http://www.xaraxtreme.org/

http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers/sourcecode.html

You too.

Stereotype. I have seen people wasting many hours if not entire days
cleansing their computers from wares and infections. Noone is too lazy to
reboot when necessary, as well.

>>> Oh, I don't Google....he said.  Well, that's why I gave you the fucking
>>> link
>>> directly to the page where you can buy it.  But I guess you are indeed
>>> too
>>> damn lazy.  So here's another link you can click on.  You'll have to sign
>>> up to buy it on line.  If you can't figure this out......give up !!
>>>
>>> P.S.  I don't like to insult people but when they are just so fucking
>>> lazy that they expect others to do the work for them they really don't
>>> earn much
>>> respect.  I'm not ranting, just tired of all you Windows users who expect
>>> everything to be one click away.   Get real !!
>>
>> Well, actually, here's the link I forgot to include.
>>
>> http://www.club.xara.com/xaraclubhome.asp

Avoid the commercial domain. Go to the dot org, which is fairly recent and
more up-to-date.

>> This takes you directly to the page where you sign up to be a member.  You
>> need to do that before purchasing on line.  Also, on my first post there
>> is
>> a listing of resellers whom you can buy direct from.  If I make it any
>> easier than that I'll have to buy it for you and put it in your hands
>> personally.....  Just follow the links I provided.
>
> I took your advice and got a good nights rest.  I sincerely apologize to
> you.  I was a bit grumpy yesterday and took it out on you.  I usually am
> very patient with people. Don't know why I did that.  Again, i sincerely
> apologize.  I will be more helpful in the future.
>
> Have a nice day  :-)
>
> Michael Soibelman

I am very glad that you were experiencing and facing enough regrets to
apologise. It has been days since I last watched this thread and such
outbursts and rants do the Open Source community no good.

> P.S.  I tried the Linux version of Xara Extreme yesterday.  For what it's
> worth I would save myself the money and try inkscape.  Here's a link to the
> Windows version:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/inkscape/Inkscape-0.43-2.win32.exe?download

Inkscape is neat!

Best wishes,

foo bar
  2:15pm  up  21:20,  13 users,  load average: 1.36, 0.68, 0.52