Re: [News] Official PlayStation 3 Linux Now a Free Download

> The PS3 could reach over 100 million houses within a few years, unless the
> Wii (which also can run Linux) steals the show.

Looks like the latter to me.

PlayStation 3 Owners Trading Them For Wiis
http://www.playfuls.com/news_8753_PlayStation_3_Owners_Trading_Them_For_Wiis.html
<quote>
people who got the PS3 and have been terribly disappointed in the software
line-up. The only game that seems to be doing relatively well in the ratings
is Resistance: Fall of Man, and that's not really enough to carry a
$500-$600 system.
</quote>

iPod and Wii undisputed kings of Christmas
<quote>
Apple and Nintendo left their respective competitors in no doubt as to who
was boss over the holiday shopping period of the past two weeks.
</quote>

Wii flies higher than PS3
<quote>
IN THE run up to Christmas, the Wii destroyed any competition from Sony's
PS3.
</quote>

Wii slaughters PS3 in holiday sales
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/12/27/nintendo_wii_sales/
<quote>
The final numbers are in, and in terms of unit sales, the Wii is the
unquestioned winner of the holiday shopping battle, with estimates claiming
that Nintendo's console is outselling the PS3 at a rate of two to one,
</quote>

It is hard to beat the Wii60 experience.
<quote>
With new value packs and the addition of the HD DVD drive for the Xbox 360,
coupled with the sheer enjoyment of the Wii experience, it may be that the
PlayStation 3 will find it difficult to settle into a market niche.
</quote>

PlayStation 3 kiosks freezing up ... on purpose!
http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-3-kiosks-freezing-up-on-purpose--28860.phtml
<quote>
I'm totally confused at this point, completely stunned at what I'm being
told because it's the stupidest thing I'd ever heard. I let him rattle on
for a while, trying to convince me (and probably himself) that yes, Sony
went out of their way to have their consoles lock up so that the masses will
not spend hours upon hours basking in all its glory.
</quote>

    Now that the Christmas rush has ended, I went a couple of local gaming
stores to buy a Wii for myself. Unfortunately, all 4 shops I checked out had
sold all their Wiis, and had a surplus of PS3s just sitting around that
nobody (including myself) wanted to buy.

    - Oliver