Re: [News] Why It is Acceptable to Criticise Vista

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Why Vista is Doomed

,----[ Quote ]
| Around a year ago, I bought an Alienware laptop for about $1500. Today,
| I ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor, and guess what? I failed. That | means that I can't run Vista on my computer. Which mean, that I'm not going | to upgrade until I get a new computer... Sorry Microsoft, but you couldn't | quite pull off the copy cat job this time.
`----

http://sanityfordummies.blogspot.com/2006/12/why-vista-is-doomed.html

Vista: The OS That Does Less, Costs More, And Can't Protect Squat

This is the amusing thing. The whole raison d'etre of vista is to sell more expensive hardware. This binds the OEMs to Microsoft -- I mean, why wouldn't they want a flashy OS that pulls in the customer and makes him shell out for a new $2000 or $3000 machine?

However, it looks like it's backfiring and people are staying away from the PC in droves! I gotta think the Dells, Gateways, HPs are sitting there, tapping their foot and wondering, well, should we? Should we go Suse?

--
The Texeme Construct
http://you-read-it-here-first.com