Re: Noobie Web site

__/ [ Barblocks ] on Friday 24 February 2006 14:04 \__

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:33:47 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>__/ [ Galen ] on Friday 24 February 2006 07:59 \__
>>
>>> In news:BqsLf.989$Ru5.705@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>>> Elizabeth Iveson had this to say:
>>>
>>>  My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

>>There is no "save as" function. Not everyone uses the Web in the same way.
>>I personally use wget to download MP3's.
>>

>>> Who are you talking to? Just don't stream them or have them right click >
>>> save as for Windows and something else (I forget which but it's out there
>>> and you can find it with a search engine) for Mac users.
>>

>>I am not sure the OP will even bother to reply...
>
> Hmmm. I would have replied sooner had the question been on the same
> thread as the OP.
> Anyway Elizabeth I'm not sure if I'm qualified to answer your question
> because I made the site in Dreamweaver (boo hiss) but basically I put
> all the MP3's into a folder within my site and created links from the
> MP3 page to each one using hyperlinks. I then uploaded the site and
> viola, it worked. Sorry I can't tell you much than that but there are
> many qualified people here who will explain, I'm sure. Failing that
> try Google.
> Good luck.
> As I'm here anyone know the code to make a link  (URL) open in a new
> window? and where do I put it?
> cheers.

If you have a link such as <a href="page.html">click me</a>, simply change it
to <a href="page.html" target="_new">click me</a>.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> sudo root; cd /; rm -rf *.doc
  3:10pm  up 7 days  3:29,  8 users,  load average: 0.76, 0.40, 0.29