Re: xorg.conf Problem

>> does anyone have specifics as to what should be in the xorg.conf file ?
>
> It depends on your monitor, graphics card and a few other components for
> interaction.
>
> If you say which devices you have and then list the contents your xorg.conf,
> perhaps obvious issues can be raised and proposed corrections made.

I had had a problem with this 24" wide-screen LCD under Linux.  I'm
using it with Linux on the D-Sub connector and Windows on the DVI
connector.

Sometimes when popping back to Linux, the auto-adjust wouldn't work
quite right, and the result was slightly fuzzy text.

Finally got tired of it, googooed for a little bit, and found that I
needed to add a "Modeline" directive to xorg.cong.  Now it seems to sync
up properly every time.

Oddly enough, when I finally rebooted this Linux box back to Windows
(for some timing tests), Win XP did not sync properly, either, but in a
different way:  the driver chose 1920x1080 instead of 1920x1200.

No OS is perfect!

--
I love the smell of code compiling in the morning.  It smells like... Freedom.