Re: Color of Text on a web page

__/ [Dan Shelby] on Friday 13 January 2006 02:53 \__

> I have a web page for a high school.  Although I specified <body bgcolor =
> "RED">

> plus several more <a href> entries or options ---
>
> The color black appears blue or purplish.  It almost looks like maybe the
> red is on top and the black is bleeding through the red.  Is this possible?
> Looking for suggestions.
> TIA

The quality of the code above is poor. I suggest that you use a validator to
detect places where you have structural mistakes.

http://validator.w3.org/

Links are naturally purple once they are visited and blue otherwise. It is
the default setting in Web browsers and also a convention. I suggest you
learn how to compose stylesheets (CSS). One tutorial among many:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
  8:05am  up 33 days 15:16,  17 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.48, 0.64