Re: Handy program to make your htrml pages smaller and quicker to load

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:06:22 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [Paul B] on Friday 13 January 2006 07:59 \__
>
>> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:52:39 +0100, Borek
>> <m.borkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>If all it does is it removes spaces and lines it should weight
>>>13k max (with comments and documentation). And that's kind of tool
>>>John will be better suited to do, as it sounds like Perl task ;)
>>
>> No worries. Yes it does take out lines and spaces. I saved a few megs
>> with one site I have. (tables based, 4500+ html pages) so it was good
>> for me.
>>
>> Doesn't save as much with 100% css site as it doesn't need to strip
>> out as much, but still handy - just wish it could run batches as one
>> folder I have has over 1300 files in it, and takes an age to do them
>> one at a time :(
>>
>>>Best,
>>>Borek
>>
>> plh
>> Paul
>
>See my other message. HTMLTidy does all of this, and more. *smile*

I haven't looked at htmltidy in yonks. I did see the post but was busy
adding an alternate css to one of my sites. Been up 23 hours and about
to call it a day.

>#!/bin/sh
>
>for dir in ln .
>do
>  for file in ln ${dir}/*.html
>  do
>    htmltidy ${file} > `basename ${file}`
>  done
>  for file in ln ${dir}/*.htm
>  do
>    htmltidy ${file} > `basename ${file}`
>  done
>done

that's gone right over my head <g>
Probably make more sense once i've had a few zzzzzz's

>I haven't tested it as I never use htmltidy, but I believe this should work.

I don't use it either, but I will give it a look when I get up

>In Windows it should be htmltidy.exe, but MS-DOS is not a very scriptable
>environment.

thanks for that.

>Roy

plh
Paul

--
http://www.FirstPeople.us
Native Clipart, Wallpaper Pictures, Legends, Wisdom, Art. Safe Surf Rated.