Re: Error 403 from Google

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:54:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [Big Bill] on Friday 13 January 2006 13:26 \__
>
>> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 11:55:16 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>__/ [Roy Schestowitz] on Friday 13 January 2006 11:47 \__

>>>Update: it appears as if Google intercept only requests which come from
>>>GoogleBar, the Open Source toolbar that predates the official Google
>>>Toolbar.
>>>
>>>GoogleBar enables its user to fetch 50 results for each results page. I
>>>toyed with the URL's and settings to discover that Google deny the fetching
>>>of >10 results for particular terms, but not for others. Nonetheless, they
>>>begin to limit the load they are willing to tolerate and information that
>>>they deliver as a *Web page* (a SERP). It's just an intersting observation
>>>because this has worked flawlessly for a long, long time.
>>>
>>>Roy
>>
>> Sounds like they're suffering from load problems all round then.
>
>I hope that they replace the contents of that 403 page. It's very deceiving.
>If I were a Windows user, I would have spent time in vain.
>
>Here is the full content of the page:
>
>Error
>
>    We're sorry...
>
>    ... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or
>spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that
>your computer or network has been infected.
>
>    We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In
>the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker (LINK) or spyware
>remover (LINK) to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other
>spurious software.
>
>    We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on
>Google.

Lately they've been putting one of those field thingies on where you
have to fill in the wavy letters. Then it works again.

BB (Technical Writing Undertaken)
http://www.crystal-liaison.com/comfort-candles/index.html kruse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    Gifty! Shiny! BB!