Re: [News] "Government says all new PCs must be Linux-friendly"

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 03 June 2006 16:18 \__

> Aunty Diluvian wrote:
>> On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:04:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Government says all new PCs must be Linux-friendly
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ] | The government-run Central Trust of China has
>>> mandated for the first | time that all desktop computers purchased
>>> from now on must be | Linux-compatible
>
>> I don't know what country you live in but who cares what China wants
>> or says anyway.
>
> 20% of the world's population cares, i.e. - the population of China.
> Inevitably, some of the the 4% of the world's population that is the
> U.S.A., also cares.

India cares too. These is an influx of Linux there. All in all, we talk about
roughly a third of the world's population here. With $100 Wi-Fi
connected-laptops, the entry barrier to computing will soon be lowered
significantly.

>> They are an oppressive regime just like Nazi Germany and/or cold war
>> Russia.
>
> Looks tame compared with America:
>
> http://www.infowars.com
> http://www.prisonplanet.com

Good links. While we argue over software in this forum, others have their
life in jeopardy. It helps put things in perspective.

>> Your sensationalism news posts are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
>
> A huge proportion of the world's population is readying for mass Linux
> deployment, potentially leading the way for the rest of the world. Looks
> pretty relevant and essential to me.

I hit the front page of Digg with that story, so more people will get exposed
to that. *smile*

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Government_says_all_new_PCs_must_be_Linux-friendly

>> How about a little truth
>
> Yes, how about that.

Thanks for fighting the trolls. Sometimes, silence is the better option, IMO.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
  9:45pm  up 37 days  4:17,  13 users,  load average: 0.76, 1.09, 1.17