Re: Bless you, Mark Kent

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 17:56 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>>__/ [ chrisv ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 13:43 \__

>>>Like flatfish, he changes colours (personality/temper). Unlike Flatfish, I
>>>don't think he does this as part of a grand plan -- a tactic if you like.
>>>He's just having good days bad days.
>>
>> I think you're right.  He's generally civil, but if you get him really
>> mad, he can behave unacceptably, even by usenet flame-war standards.
>>

> Apparently, this kind of behaviour is becoming recognised as some kind
> of illness, but the psychologists working on it noted that it seems to
> be much much more prevalent in the US than anywhere else in the world -
> thought to be a cultural issue.

To comment on words I would rather not reply too directly (it's like stepping
on coal over there...):

__/ [ L ] on Thursday 29 June 2006 17:28 \__

> Mr. T wrote:
>> >
>> > Politely and innocently???? Are you kidding me. His response was: "The
>> > qualig troll is wrong"  Feel free to point out the "polite and innocent"
>> > portion of his response. He then proceeded to call me a troll in another
>> > post for absolutely not reason.

True.

>> Not surprising, consider how Mark approaches usenet.  His basic procedure
>> is to quickly killfile people who annoy him, then whenever he sees a
>> fragment from them quoted by someone else, to jump in and tell everyone
>> how he killfiled them (does he expect a gold star or something?), and to
>> also throw
>> random insults their way in other posts.  (Killfiling people is fine, but
>> when you do that, you should (1) shut the fuck up about it--it is not a
>> major accomplishment to use a kill file, and (2) stop talking about them
>> or making remarks to them in your posts).

If the intent of the participant was truly benevolent and the posting history
likewise, this would be a different scenario altogether.

> Bingo - you've hit the nail on the head with your description. If he
> and someone else wants to killfile me then go right ahead. I really
> don't care. But the killfile is a 2-way street. You can't killfile
> someone and then talk about them in every other post you make and
> randomly throw insults at them for no reason what-so-ever. If he wants
> to killfile me then fine, but since he's not reading any of my posts he
> should simply STFU and quit talking about me since it's clearly out of
> context since he never read my posts.
>
> Emphasis on the "throw random insults their way in other posts" because
> this is precisely the reason I started this thread.

You too, Larry, have degraded to the level of personal insults, driven by the
observation that not all others behave and think in the same way yourself.
That's why I added a scoring rule.