Re: Google's New Search Interface

__/ [ Harlan Messinger ] on Tuesday 28 March 2006 17:56 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060326-6460.html
>
> Why would I execute a line of Javascript provided by an unknown third
> party to create a cookie in my browser?

That third party is quite trustworthy. That site has grown very quickly in
the past year. Also see:

        http://blogs.zdnet.com/Google/?p=140  (thanks, WTTLO)

This shows you how to do this manually. Speaking of which, just visiting a
page can have JavaScript executed unless you install NoScript (and the likes
of it) and progressively accumulate a list of sites which you permit to run
scripts on your machines.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com
  6:00pm  up 20 days  7:45,  8 users,  load average: 1.49, 1.18, 0.88